· 1 Turkey
· 1 Orange
· Salt and Pepper
· Dried Bread Cubes (1 Bag / 8 Cups)
· 1 Cup Chopped Celery (try to use the tops for more flavor)
· ½ - 1 Cup of Chopped Onion
· ½ Cup of Butter
· ¼ teaspoon of ground sage (I skip this since I don’t like Sage)
· Salt and Pepper (Maybe ¼ teaspoon)
· 1 – 1 1/3 cups of Chicken Stock
· 1 Apple (Grated)
· ½ to 1 cup of Cran Raisins (Cranberry Raisins)
· Juice from ½ and orange
· Grate the Skin of orange (maybe ½ teaspoon or ½ the orange)
1. Cook Butter, Celery, Onion and spices in sauce pan til tender
2. Put bread cubes in a large mixing bowl
3. Add Onion mixture, Cran Raisins, Orange Juice, Orange and Grated Apple to mix
4. Drizzle in Chicken Stock s to mix. Toss gently til bread is moist
5. Stuff into Turkey or can bake in oven til hot.
1. Prepare / Stuff the Turkey.
2. Salt and Pepper the bottom of the bird and place in roasting pan
3. Rub Butter all of the rest of the Turkey. For a full turkey I find I use about 1 stick of butter. NOTE: there is no clean way of doing this. I just use my hands with butter that is not too hard but not too soft either.
4. Cut orange in half and rub half over bird getting as much juice out of it as possible. Not sure if better to do the orange or the butter first but this is what I did.
5. Salt and Pepper the Skin including sides, wings, legs, etc.
6. Take a little aluminum foil and wrap around Wing Tips
7. Roast in over per direction included with the Turkey.